Single Phase Bidirectional Power/Energy Metering IC with Instantaneous Pulse Output
- Functionally compatible with the SA9602H with reduced external components
- Bidirectional power and energy measurement
- Meets the IEC 521/1036 Specification requirements for Class 1 AC Watt hour meters
- Protected against ESD
- Total power consumption rating below 25mW
- Adaptable to different types of current sensors
- Operates over a wide temperature range
- Precision voltage reference on-chip
- Precision oscillator on-chip
The SA2002H is an enhancement of the SA9602H, as the circuit contains the oscillator on chip.
The SA2002H single phase bidirectional power/energy metering integrated circuit generates a pulse rate output with a frequency proportional to the power consumption.
The SA2002H performs a calculation for active power. The method of calculation takes the power factor into account. Energy consumption can be determined by the power measurement being integrated over time.
This innovative universal single phase power/energy metering integrated circuit is ideally suited for energy calculations in applications such as residential municipal metering and factory energy metering and control.
The SA2002H integrated circuit is available in 8 pin dual inline (PDIP8) as well as 20 pin and 16 pin small outline (SOIC20, SOIC16) RoHS compliant package options.