Three Phase Power/Energy Metering IC with Instantaneous Pulse Output
- Functionally similar to the SA9105E and SA9105F, with reduced number of external components
- Output frequency represents the absolute sum of energy on all three phases
- Performs one, two or three phase power and energy measurement
- Meets the IEC 521/1036 Specification requirements for Class 1 AC Watt hour meters
- Operates over a wide temperature range
- Current transformers for sensing
- Excellent long term stability
- Easily adaptable to different signal levels
- Precision voltage reference on-chip
- Pin selectable pulse rates
- Supports tamper detection
The SA9605A is an enhancement of the SA9105E and SA9105F, as no external capacitors are needed for the A/D converters.
The SA9605A three phase power/energy metering integrated circuit generates a pulse rate output, the frequency of which is proportional to the absolute power consumption. The SA9605A performs the calculation for active power. The method of calculation takes the power factor into account. Energy consumption is determined by the power measurement being integrated over time.
The output of this innovative universal three phase power/energy metering integrated circuit, is ideally suited for applications such as residential and industrial energy metering and control.
The SA9605A integrated circuit is available in a 20 pin small outline (SOIC20) RoHS compliant package.