Single Channel Single Phase Bidirectional Energy Metering IC with Instantaneous Frequency Output
- Meets the IEC62053, CBIP-88 and IS137799-1999 specification requirements for Class 1 AC static watt-hour meters for active energy
- Pulse output supplies instantaneous active power information
- Bidirectional power and energy measurement
- Adaptable to different types of current sensors
- Precision on-chip oscillator (70ppm/°C drift)
- Precision on-chip voltage reference (10ppm/°C drift)
- Integrated anti-creep function
- Low power consumption (<20mW typical)
- Measures AC inputs only
- Functionally compatible with SA2002H
The SA4120A is an accurate single phase power/energy metering integrated circuit providing a single chip solution for single phase energy metering. Very few external components are required and the SA4120A does not require an external crystal or voltage reference. A precision oscillator and a precision voltage reference to supply the circuitry with a stable frequency and stable reference currents are integrated on the chip.
The SA4120A metering integrated circuit generates a pulse output, the frequency of which is proportional to the instantaneous active power consumption. The pulse output is intended to interface with a microcontroller or similar pulse counting circuitry. The SA4120A includes an anti-creep feature preventing any creep effects in the meter under no-load conditions.
The SA4120A integrated circuit is available in 8 pin dual inline (PDIP8) as well as 20 pin and 16 pin small outline (SOIC20, SOIC16) RoHS compliant package options.